Chicken Chat - Signs

P1050245

Betty was caught randomly shrieking like a pterodactyl today at the other girls. Hark! Is that the low far off moan of the broody train I hear? This is how it starts. If I am correct it will be followed in a couple of days by puffed up crazy lady clucking.

I’m a bit sad because she lays such large beautiful dark brown eggs. One every single day. She’s only been laying them for a short time now after weaning off Hildy and Freya. Well we’ll see if anything develops.   

Comments

  1. Hope everything works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! You might just be right! It is always like a switch goes off. I would love for you to add your blog to my blog party. I think fellow chicken lovers will just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been cursing MY four broodies the past week as it means a drop in egg production BUT each one has come in handy for eggy emergencies and I have learnt my lesson, lol. These girls certainly have a mind of their own!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts