Monday, September 24, 2012

Chicken Chat - Signs

P1050245

Betty was caught randomly shrieking like a pterodactyl today at the other girls. Hark! Is that the low far off moan of the broody train I hear? This is how it starts. If I am correct it will be followed in a couple of days by puffed up crazy lady clucking.

I’m a bit sad because she lays such large beautiful dark brown eggs. One every single day. She’s only been laying them for a short time now after weaning off Hildy and Freya. Well we’ll see if anything develops.   

3 comments:

  1. Hope everything works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! You might just be right! It is always like a switch goes off. I would love for you to add your blog to my blog party. I think fellow chicken lovers will just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been cursing MY four broodies the past week as it means a drop in egg production BUT each one has come in handy for eggy emergencies and I have learnt my lesson, lol. These girls certainly have a mind of their own!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...