It’s Raining

P1050390

  It’s been raining for a few days now. The girls blame me. They yell at me from the dry safety of their covered run.

“Why did you make it so wet?!?!”

“Why won’t you let us out?!?!?!”

Well they were making such a racket this morning, I just opened the run door. It was pouring. They went running out like they had been trapped for eons. (The covered run is quite spacious. 6’ X 10’ two levels with house. Lots of places to perch. Not a cramped crate by any means)

The quiet didn’t last too long. They were now wet. There was water being thrown at them from the sky. They didn’t like that either. They ran back in the run and started preening and yelling again. Well the big girls were. When I went out to check on them. Freya and Hildy were hiding under a patio chair. Freya was yelling from there. Hildy doesn’t yell, she makes a squeaky squeal noise. The big girls were too close to the run door for them to feel safe going back in. I went out there and threw some sunflower seeds in the far corner distracting the big girls so I could herd the younger ones back in the run. The quiet of the sunflower seeds lasted all of five minutes. The yelling then resumed. I gave up.

It should stop raining this afternoon sometime.

Comments

  1. Mine won't come out of their coop if it rains. They are big babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quiet of the sunflower seeds lasted all of five minutes. The yelling then resumed. I gave up.travel umbrella

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts