Happy Easter!

IMG_3775
I made this cake to bring to family dinner. It was a big hit for looks and taste. It's a two layer carrot cake with a stiff cream cheese frosting. The carrot cake recipe is from King Arthur HERE . I did make slight alterations (of course because I can’t leave a recipe be) I upped the spices by 50% and substituted the cloves with KAF’s Yuletide spice. The Yuletide spice adds some depth to spice based bakes I really like.

The cream cheese frosting had to be stiff to travel easily and do the decorating I wanted. It’s a simple recipe. Some may think it’s a bit too sweet. You could try substituting some cornstarch for the sugar. I have not. I like the taste.

Ingredients
6 TBS Unsalted Butter
1 pkg Cream Cheese
5 cups of Confectionary Sugar

Yep that’s it. Whip together butter and cream cheese. Slowly add sugar and whip until you have peaks.

Hope you had a nice Easter.
IMG_3776

Comments

  1. This is great website and owner of this website is also great because he give help full information with us thanks for sharing great and wonderful information.
    rice malt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work… high quality thompson raisins in USA. Thank you for this blog. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something thats eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, you've covered so many bases. Great stuff from this part of the internet .For more information visit my site. Again, thank you for this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts