Cross Buns

I know that the old fashioned English version of these buns do not have frosting. But, who doesn’t like frosting? So, that’s my disclaimer. I know these aren’t the “traditional” buns, but I like the frosting :)
So, it’s Palm Sunday today. The point that starts off “Holy Week” which ends on Saturday and is followed by Easter. Today I made Cross Buns and had Husband bring some over to the Patronas of the family, his great granma and granma as an Easter gift.
P1040399
I used the King Arthur recipe because I have had such good luck with them. For the fruit, I used dried dates, cranberries, raisins, and apricots all my favorites. The dough was a bit wet, I had to add more flour to get a workable dough. So, if you do try this recipe have an extra cup of flour nearby for adjustment. Once it was adjusted, rested and risen it was easy to work with into the bun shapes.
P1040404
Because I used a 9x13 pan, I baked them an extra 5 minutes than the directions called for. They looked really thick and I wanted to make sure they were thoroughly cooked through. The frosting for the cross is a basic milk and confectionery sugar. Just be light on the milk. I say this from experience :D
P1040425  
Viola! They were a great success. Granma has already sampled them and given the thumbs up. I will have mine in the morning with my coffee. Or maybe just one tonight ;)


I've hopped into the Mix at Flour Me With Love's Mix it up Monday and the Homemaker Hop

  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts