Monday, February 27, 2012

Popovers

P1030910(2) 

Sunday I had the biggest yearning for popovers. Usually my old standby recipe is from my vintage gold covered Fannie Farmer Cookbook, but sometimes Fannie’s recipe doesn’t pop. Lately I have been having so much luck with King Arthur, I thought I would give their recipe a try. With my popover pan mysteriously missing, I went for the muffin pan which worked out fine. It was a very basic recipe, with a lot of warming ingredients before mixing, which was new to me. But, I have to say it was worth it from how successful they were. They are nice and flaky on the outside and airy with just enough dough on the inside with a good taste.

P1030908(2)

P1030914

With a little butter fresh from the oven they were delicious and were all gone after Sunday meatloaf dinner.

We’ve hopped into the Homemaker Hop!

2 comments:

  1. Popovers always bring back memories when the kids were little. We ate them a lot back then. I think I should make them for Sunday Night Supper soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...