Mom’s Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mom swears her recipe came off the back of a chocolate chip bag, but I have never seen the same one on any bag and I have never tasted one so perfect to me.

P1030432

Ingredients:

2/3 C Shortening

2/3 C Butter ( I use unsalted. Sometimes if we use salted it ends up a little salty)

1 C Light Brown Sugar                                3 C Flour (I use KAF Unbleached White)

1 C White Sugar                                        1 tsp Baking Soda

2 Eggs                                                      1 tsp salt

2 tsp Vanilla                                               Bag of chips of choice + some nuts like a cup

P1030446(2)

Preheat oven to 375

1) Cream butter, shortening, and sugars together until smooth.

2) Add eggs and vanilla mix in.

3) Mix dry ingredients together and then incorporate into the wet mix.

4) Add chips and optional nuts. Should look like the first picture :) Wet but moldable.

5) Use a Tablespoon to scoop out a full tablespoon (mine are often a little over) and form a loose ball and place on cookie sheet. Repeat until sheet is full. 

6) Bake approximately 12 minutes.

***Very important*** Bake just until it has the slightly golden edges and little brownish bumps. See the bumps in the picture above? You’ll double think yourself and say they don’t look done. But they are. They really are! There shouldn’t be any wet spots. Just look for the bumps. It’s sooo important. If you overcook them they won’t be soft. They will be hard. They’ll still taste good, but they won’t have the same mouthy feel.

P1030437(2) 

I really love these cookies. They are my childhood in every bite. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. It has taken me quite a bit of pondering to share it, but mom keeps saying she got it off the chip bag. Did your mom make the same ones? I wonder sometimes.

Comments

  1. I always over bake my cookies so thanks for the tip. I'll try that next time. I love a good chocolate chip cookie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look delicious! We made a similar recipe over the weekend, and they were gone the same day. (family of 10, we love cookies!) I am excited to give your variation a try.... I know they won't last long!

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth be told this is the second batch this week. The first ones disappeared too quick :) They are dangerous to have in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies look delightful. I wish I had one right now... Thanks so much for sharing that yummy looking recipe. My Mom always overcooked ours, and my hubby likes em almost burned. When I want a good chocolate chip cookie, I have to sneak a few out of the oven just for me, before they're charcoal...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing your mothers recipe. They do look soft, just the way I like them. I am going to make a batch and send them to my daughter who is away at college,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts