Beach Plums

Irene was a dud here. I am glad for that. Some beach erosion and trees down that’s it. The weather has me thinking of fall and beach plum jelly. The last few days I have gone out to several beach plum spots I know of and haven’t found a one. Not one. In the spring there was a bevy of flowers. But, now no plums. I don’t know how to explain it. DSCF2662 I have asked others that have their own spots and they are having the same issues. Today I tried one more and there was an empty bush. This spot is an old farm. There are also apple trees here and they were naked. I did find some grapes. Not ready of course, but I’ll be back.  There are a couple more beach plum spots, I’ll try them tomorrow. All I need is one good bush full. Crossing my fingers. There’s nothing like beach plum jelly on chicken or pork on a cold winter night.

Comments

  1. good luck! Sounds yummy! Happy Irene wasn't a problem for you. We are still one of the unfortunate areas that is still without power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! People here won't give up their secret locations. I have seen a few here and there, but nothing of great quantity. Love the photo! Glad you made it through Irene!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts