The Fair is Coming

cefad05e78a958e9a974d167d24ca2ac[1]Our local Agricultural Fair is August 18th – 21st. I have to decide this week what I will be entering. Not many things have been fair worthy lately. The jams have floating fruit. The Dilly Beans are not plumped up yet from the initial canning shrivel. The eggs have a weird crinkle on the pointy end lately. None of the chickens are really close to standard perfect and the little ones are too young. (Plus I think Betty is going broody again) All of these things are fine for everyday. It’s just that you want it to be perfect if you are going to enter it in the fair. Those judges are super picky.

There are a couple of things that have been successful this year that I plan on entering. I have this pair of socks which I am very proud of and I think the dill spears came out nice this year. We will enter them and see what happens.

I don’t usually join the physical competitions, but I have always wanted to participate in the skillet throw. Those ladies can really chuck a cast iron skillet. Also, there is a new competition that involves knitting with chopsticks in a set period of time. I may jump in that one this year. I’ll let you know how it goes. 

Comments

  1. Oh, the fair sounds like so much fun! I am so glad to hear that you are entering.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts